Services and Fees
Services Provided to Owners
Homeowners Property Management specializes in full-service management of single and multi-family residential properties. We serve Fayetteville, Cumberland County and portions of surrounding cities: Hope Mills, Raeford, Spring Lake, and counties: Harnett, Hoke, Sampson, Robeson.
We are not active real estate “sales agents” who also happen to manage some rental property.
Residential rental property management is all that we do!
Homeowners Property Management is the sole point of contact for the tenants keeping you, the homeowner, from dealing with the day to day management of your rental property.
- 10% of rent amount per lease or a minimum of $75 a month
- New tenant admin fee: $75 (applied for every new tenant move-in)
- New lease term admin fee: $35 (applied end of lease term with tenant renewal of annual lease or month to month status)
We have a one-time charge of $100 for any new property processing into our management system. This is due at the time of your Management Agreement signing.
Owner Payments and Statements
- Each owner has a secure portal to access: management agreement, leases, maintenance work orders, paid invoices, financial reports.
- Owners are paid by direct deposit or mailed a check, whichever is preferred.
- Owner funds are disbursed within 2-5 business days of receiving a rent payment from their tenant.
- Owner statements are posted at disbursement of each month and accessible in the Owner Portal.
- Owners receive a 1099 form at year-end for tax preparation.
Automated Owner Updates
- Owners are updated via email when: rent is received, disbursement made, work order submitted, tenant lease ending, and much more!
- Your owner portal will allow you to access your account, add any repair funds, review work orders, owner statements, and documents.
State-of-the-Art Internet Marketing
- Each property has a page on our website featuring photos, description, mapping, driving directions, and online tenant application.
- Rental properties are marketed on our local Multiple Listing System (MLS) and a variety of syndicated (free & paid) web sites.
- Click Here for an example of our Marketing reach online. (PDF)
- Rental applications are taken online or in person.
- Leases may be executed in person, using e-signatures via email, and/or fax.
- Having a strong Internet presence has enabled us to lease properties sight-unseen to tenants from out of state (before even arriving.)
- Owners are notified via email and on the online owner portal for any maintenance work orders submitted.
- We use only experienced and licensed vendors to fulfill work orders on your property, i.e. plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc.
Click Here for an example of our Maintenance Inspection Report. (PDF)
- Credit report
- Criminal background
- Prior evictions
- Rental history
- Income and employment verification
Tenants have three rent payment options
- Online payment by electronic check (ACH)
- Payment by mail
- Payment by hand delivery at office
Rent Collection and Evictions
- We insist on timely rent payment from every tenant.
- We act promptly when any rent is not paid by the 5th of the month.
- If required due to non-payment of rent, we will initiate and follow thru on the entire eviction process with tenant.
– Review Our Owners Manual (PDF)